Under 18’s Information
Under 18’s studying at BEET’s English Language Learning Centre
Please download our under 18’s handbook here.
Parents/guardians and students aged
under 18 should understand and agree that:
- They will inform BEET if the student has any mental health history or other existing medical condition which would affect his/her ability to follow the course.
- They will give details of any medication that he/she is taking before he/she arrives in the UK.
- Students under the age of 18 will stay in homestay accommodation provided by the school.
- They will provide next-of-kin and full 24-hour contact details for BEET Language Centre to use if there is an emergency.
- The student will need to attend a meeting with the Safeguarding Officer on his/her first day, and every week of his/her course.
- As BEET is an adult school, students under 18 are not supervised outside lesson times. They are also not supervised while travelling between their homestay and the school, during lesson breaks, or when travelling to social activities. On weekend excursions, it is normal for them to have unsupervised time for shopping etc.
- The student should bring enough pocket money for his/her stay at the school.
Because the school does not provide lunches for free to students, they will need to buy their own lunch either from the BEET canteen or from a local shop.
- Students must attend all their classes and must contact the school by phone or e-mail immediately if they are not going to attend a lesson for any reason.
- Students should tell their homestay hosts if they are not going to be present for a meal (for example, because they want to eat out with friends).
- Students must return to their homestays by 11pm from Sunday to Thursday, and by 12 midnight on Friday and Saturday night.
- Students under 18 must not buy or consume alcohol or buy cigarettes.
- BEET Language Centre must have written permission from parents or guardians before an under-18 student can stay out overnight.
Please note: BEET strongly advises that all students book a return airport transfer, and that personal insurance for their travel and time in the UK is arranged before they travel.