Online IELTS Preparation
(International English Language Testing System)
If you would like to study at a university in the UK, the USA or Australia, or gain an internationally recognised qualification, then IELTS Preparation is the course for you.
You can do the main programme of 20 lessons (15 hours) per week, but if you would like to study more and improve your chances of success in the exam, you can choose a more intensive course of 28 lessons per week.
Please note: when the school reopens you’ll be able to continue your IELTS course at BEET for NO EXTRA COST.
IELTS is an increasingly popular examination, taken by people who want to work or study in an English-speaking country.
It is the main examination for those who want to go to university in Britain or Australia. It is also becoming widely accepted by universities in the United States. The test can be taken every month in various centres across the UK. All applications are now submitted online, we are of course very happy to assist you with this process.
What Score do I need?
Typically, you will need 6.0/6.5 for an undergraduate or postgraduate course, although a 5.0/5.5 might be sufficient for a Foundation Course or a PreMasters/Pre-sessional course. It is important to know the score required by the university where you are going to study. This will be shown on the university’s offer letter.
How long do I need?
Students learn at different speeds. Some may move from 5.0 to 5.5 in just six weeks; others might take 12 weeks to make the same progress. Being aware of how quickly you learn languages will help you decide how long to study for.
If you have not already taken IELTS, BEET has a test, which we can send to you before you enrol. Your result will help us to advise you how long your course should be.
How long will it take?
It depends on you, but a typical student takes between 6 and 12 weeks to move up half a band, e.g. from 5.0 to 5.5.
- Placement test prior to enrolment
- Highly experienced teachers
- Tutorials with your teacher every 4 weeks
- IELTS materials emailed to you before your lessons
- Regular tests to assess your level and progress
- Lessons can be recorded for you to watch again
- Extra self-study, using BEET Online
- Use of multimedia and online learning tools
- Interactive lessons
- Focus on specific exam techniques
- Learn the academic vocabulary you need
- Regular homework set & marked by your teacher
- ‘Virtual Open door’ policy – talk to our academic management team at any time
- 1 year’s unlimited access to BEET Online from the start of your course
- Certificate with progress summary at the end of your studies
- Access to our FREE online social programme 5 nights per week
What IELTS Score do you need?
Here are some typical examples of the scores you might need for different courses
|IELTS Score Chart|
|Level 1||Foundation course||4.5 - 5.5|
|Level 2||Pre-Master’s course||5.0 - 5.5|
|Level 3||Bachelor degree in Tourism||5.5 - 6.5|
|Level 4||Master’s degree in Business (MBA)||6.5 - 7.5|
‘’Beet is an amazing place to learn English. The school is fantastic. The teaching, reception and canteen staff are fabulous and helpful. My 6 months were amazing and I learnt so much about English. I also made a lot of friends, so everything was fantastic for me! ‘’
Cemre Akinal, General English, Turkey