1. Accommodation is to include a single room (unless otherwise requested by BEET), a satisfying breakfast, evening meal and full-board at weekends. Main meals must be taken with the student(s).
2. There are to be no more than four students accommodated at one time in homestay accommodation, unless by special agreement with the students and BEET.
3. Private accommodation allows more students than four but there may be less contact with the host.
4. There are to be no other students who speak the same language living in the house, unless sanctioned by BEET.
5. Accommodation is provided subject to one week’s notice on either side without regard to the length of stay originally proposed.
6. When less than one week’s notice is given, payment will be made in lieu, except when a student has been removed due to breach of this contract or the British Council Code of Practice for Homestay Providers.
7. All money paid by BEET for any period after the week of notice or in addition to compensation in lieu of notice or both shall be returned in full to BEET within seven days of the end of the week of notice.
8. The daily rate of payment is one-seventh of the weekly rate.
9. No compensation is payable for cancellation or postponement prior to the proposed date of arrival of the student. Or if the student requires a visa and is refused. No compensation is payable should students be unable to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We shall, however, try to replace the student as soon as possible.
10. When cancellation or postponement is advised after the proposed date of arrival, one week’s compensation will be paid except when a replacement is offered.
11. When a room is held during a student’s absence (for reasons of holiday, hospitalisation etc.) the weekly retention fee will be three sevenths of a week or pro rata. This applies to a period of a minimum of one week. The payment may be waived at the homestay provider’s discretion.